Saturday, December 31, 2016

A New Year 2017


Another year is dawning,
dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting,
another year with Thee.
Another year of progress,
 another year of praise,
Another year of proving
Thy presence all the days.
~ Frances Havergal, 1874 ~





Happy new year my friends ~ 2017. Has it really been 17 years since Y2K? Some of you may remember that... When fear was instilled in us, our electronics were going to implode, food shortages, and other potential scary things that never materialized.

No matter what we think or hear might happen, whatever causes us to be fearful, let's make 2017 the year we put our complete trust in the one true God. The God who holds the world in his hands and the one who holds our tomorrows. He loves and cares for YOU personally.

Many things about tomorrow. 
I don't seem to understand. 
But I know who holds tomorrow. 
And I know who holds my hand.
Ira Stanphill, 1989



 





3 comments:

  1. Goodness yes, I so remember the scares of going into 2000! I didn't buy into the scares, but I thought all the people hoarding food and water and such mustn't have had a good relationship with the Lord, or they wouldn't have been so scared. Keeping my trust in the Lord! Happy New Year! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words of encouragement and your beautiful art work. May you have a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise counsel. Yes, I do remember all the hullabaloo seventeen years ago. Seems there's a lot of that going around these days, too. Happiest of New Years to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.