Sunday, February 1, 2015

Strength Renewed

There is a period of time in my life that I was unwell and very weak. I remember lying in bed, meditating on this verse. I actually pictured myself with my strength renewed, running like the wind. The Lord brought me out of that illness, but this verse has always remained special to me when I feel weak.

Our strength can be drained physically as well as emotionally. When you're low on strength, look to God and His promises.

But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; 
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, 
They shall run and not be weary, 
They shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31




If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. 
His eye is upon us, 
His arm over us, 
His ear open to our prayer - 
His grace sufficient, 
His promise unchangeable.

 ~ John Newton ~




Have a blessed day dear ones.

7 comments:

  1. God IS able to bring us through our weakest hours. Have a blessed day,Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This verse has been a comfort and an instruction to me of late, as well. The emphasis for me has been on the art of waiting, choosing to do it with a willing and pleasant spirit.

    Thanks for sharing this. I always enjoy your posts, whether I leave a comment or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of waiting upon our strengths appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Abby - this verse has recently seen me through many a storm, with the emphasis for me on the trust involved in the waiting!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and encouraging post, dear Abby. I really appreciated the quote from John Newton.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A favorite for many! We have a dear friend in the hospital (for weeks) who is claiming this verse. So glad that I took a closer look at the children. They appeared to be scowling in the smaller size, but when I took a closer look I see that they are both wearing sweet expressions. Are they brother and sister? I love how they are holding hands.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.