Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Buttercups and Light


As a child I would often pick buttercups and hold them under the chins of my friends, and ask them to do the same to me.  It was said, if you could see yellow under the chin, you liked butter.   Of course there was yellow every time under our chins, not because we liked butter, but because the petals are reflective of light. 

The buttercup is a delicate flower whose light is always shining, despite being  fragile.  The light of the petals continues to shine through cloudy days and rainstorms.  I'm reminded of  2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (as shown above).  Despite any circumstances that cause us to be weak, God's GRACE is enough for us to carry on.  He gives us the strength we need to keep our lights from ceasing to shine. 



Of this you can be sure:  the loving heart of God is sufficient to meet your needs.  Whatever dangers you may face, whatever heartbreaks you must endure, God is with you, and He stands ready to comfort you and to heal you.
~ 100 Days of Grace for Women ~

Blessings to you today dear ones. 

linked to:  Word Art Wednesday



18 comments:

  1. This week has included heartbreak...the words you've shared are a sweet reminder of God's working in our lives. What? You mean I don't really love butter? This may be good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memories of buttercups came flooding back, Abby!! What a wonderful analogy. Thanks for sharing I know it will minister to all your readers. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely reminder of God's constancy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blessed devotion! Pictures are beautiful dear Abby. I've made a card with your valentine freebie, but yet to post. Will provide you the link back so that you can visit. Thank you so much for providing that beautiful scripture valentine freebie. Have a glorious day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so beautifully mirrors thoughts I am having today, dear one. We are so blessed, aren't we!?! I pray you are standing strong surrounded by the everlasting arms :)
    Blessings, Little Birdie!

    PS I call my daughter Chickadee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear mom loves buttercups and anytime I see them I am reminded of her :) Now I shall be reminded of you as well...two lovely ladies!

    Thank you for this post, sweet Abby. As always, you bless and encourage me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Abby - love the photos, and your words, as ever, are timely.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the bright and sunny encouragement this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I remember doing the same thing growing up, you have brought back some great memories, so thankful for God staying by my side through everything in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Abby ... both the thoughts and the pictures. Those are some of my favorite verses, too. So thankful that His strength is made perfect in my weakness! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby, thank you for sharing this devotional about buttercups & light. Today, I happened across an old children's book about wildflowers. Thought you might like to see the chapter on buttercups:

    http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00087258/00001/11j?search=flowers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a restful and blessed Sunday of worship and thanksgiving with your family! Have a blessed week, Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a restful and blessed Sunday of worship and thanksgiving with your family! Have a blessed week, Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abby, here is the link to the card. Please visit whenever you can :)
    http://blessingartideas.blogspot.in/2014/03/scripture-card-and-toddler-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful! I love your post, Abby!

    Thinking of you and hope that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so mcuh Abby for the blessing of your word and truth in the precious Word given to us, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful, encouraging post! Lovely pictures as well! BTW - my sister and I used to do the "flower under the chin thing" too -- reading your post brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.