Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Birthdays for Me ~ Free Postcards for You

Free Vintage Birthday Postcard for you
I have birthdays on my mind as there are so many this month in my circle of family and friends.  This birthday card with the hand and the rose is one of my all time favorites.  I think it's just beautiful.  Don't you?  

Here's another beauty from my collection.  I think perhaps the boy is too young to be driving, especially with pretty girls in the back to distract him.  However, the card is lovely and cheery for a birthday greeting.  Check out the flowers in the tires.  These two images are free for you.  I hope you'll be pleased with them. 

Free Vintage Birthday Postcard for you
There is a birthday poem by Helen Steiner Rice that I often include in the birthday cards that I send.  I've shared it with you below.  Helen (1900 - 1981) was very well known for her religious and inspirational poetry.  Her books of poetry have sold millions of copies.  It is said that her strong religious faith and the ability she had to express deep emotion give her poems timeless appeal.  Here's the poem.


 I said a Birthday Prayer for you -
And I asked the Lord above
To keep you safely in his care
And enfold you in his love -
I did not ask for fortune,
For riches or for fame,
I only asked for blessings
In the Savior's Holy name -
Blessings to surround you
In times of trial and stress,
And inner joy
To fill your heart
With Peace and Happiness.
Helen Steiner Rice 



 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I love Helen Steiner Rice's poetry. She was a favorite of my mother's, and she loved to give birthday cards with her verses on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,

    Your post today is beautiful! I love the Birthday Greetings with the Rose image...just beautiful!

    And, I love that poem you shared. I have several quotes from Helen Steiner Rice, but did not have this poem until you blessed me with it! It is lovely!

    I am excited about tomorrow's Bible Verse Thursday! I will be able to play along, and I am looking forward to it!

    I happily shared about the challenge on the blog, and I also shared about this blog. I just love it so! It meets so many different areas life, God, art, your sharing, and getting to know you...so many things. I hope you like what I shared. I hope it will increase your blessings, as you will be sharing His Word with more and more people.

    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are so pretty and thank you for sharing the poem.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.